Friday 13 May 2016

P3 statement of intent

For my final piece I have decided to create a gif. I will be making this gif animation by painting onto a film photograph, I have taken this inspiration from the artist 'blu' which I looked at in detail in my earlier artist analysis. 'Blu' is an Italian street artist, he paints graffiti art work on walls in urban and industrial landscapes, 'Blu' uses house paint to paint large scale comical figures on the wall he then takes a photo and paints over the figure and then paints the figure in a slightly different position, he keeps doing this this until he's happy with it and this way the pictures all put together give the illusion that the figures are moving across the wall. Although 'Blu' makes stop motions and I am making a gif, I will be making my gif in a similar way with similar processes. I will select some of my favorite film photographs that I have taken and then start painting into them with expressive shapes I will keep stopping and starting the camera in the same way as a stop motion but I will not be needing as many photos so it is less time consuming. once I'm happy with the photos I will be uploading and creating the gif through the website gify which I designed for creating gifs. the gif will be a couple of seconds long and will give the effect of shapes moving across the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment